At Dr. Call Dental Center, we offer Invisalign Teen® as a solution for straightening teeth. Many moms and dads call our Dalton, GA dental office looking for information, wondering if Invisalign® can sufficiently straighten their child’s teeth. Orthodontics has been doing just that for decades but Invisalign® is relatively new and most parents never had access to this solution. If you are in this situation, the best way to find out about your child’s options is to call (706) 425-6240 and schedule an appointment. We are conveniently located in the 30721 area and happy to answer any questions that you may have.
Here are some that we are asked on a regular basis:
- Can Invisalign Teen® actually straighten teeth?
- Yes, it most definitely can. Teeth are moved using consistent pressure. With braces, the pressure is applied using metal brackets and wires. With Invisalign® this is done using a series of clear aligners that slip around the teeth like retainers. They work as effectively as braces to solve mild to severe cases. The key is that you must bring your child to a dentist that is trained in how to administer the Invisalign® treatment.
- Are they old enough?
- In order for your teen to wear Invisalign® they need to have all of their permanent teeth. At Dr. Call Dental Center, we can examine them and let you know whether or not it is the right time to get started. Most of the time, Dilmar Callejas DMD will recommend Invisalign® starting in high school.
- Is my teen responsible enough?
- Any time that someone uses orthodontics to straighten their teeth, there is a level of responsibility that is required to ensure that the process goes smoothly. In most cases, our teenage patients have been incredibly responsible and statistically, most teens will wear their aligners for 21 hours a day. However, as a warning, if your child cannot remember to take a shower or put on a clean pair of socks, they might not be ready for Invisalign®. If your child tends to be more absent-minded than not, traditional braces could be a better solution because they are permanently secured to the teeth and you only need to remind them to brush and floss carefully. With Invisalign Teen®, there are significant conveniences that are associated with this solution and the biggest ones come from the fact that the aligners are removable. Teens love this! They can act, behave, look, and eat like normal because the aligners come out. At Dr. Call Dental Center, we encourage this convenient solution for our teenage and adult patients. However, knowing that something comes out, also means that they have to remember to put it back in. That is where the responsibility piece comes into play. If they lose an aligner, it can be replaced. The challenge is that if they simply forget to wear it, the process will not work. For this reason, it is important to evaluate the responsibility level and overall personality of your child to determine if they are ready. If you live in the Dalton, GA area, bring them in for a consultation. We can have a heart to heart, let them know what the treatment entails and see if we can get them to commit to wearing the aligners. They may surprise you by how committed they are, once they see this as an alternative to traditional braces.
- I was told that Invisalign will not work for my teen. Should I get a second opinion?
- Absolutely. At Dr. Call Dental Center, Dilmar Callejas DMD can evaluate and examine your teen to let you know whether or not they are a good candidate for Invisalign®. When you meet with a dentist, it is difficult to know how much training they have had on this particular product. While your general dentist may do an excellent job with preventative care or restorations, Invisalign® could be new to their practice. A more experienced dentist may be able to complete the treatment successfully. This is why you should always seek a second opinion when told that you or your child cannot have a specific treatment you are interested in.
Check out what others are saying about our Invisalign® Teen services on Yelp: Invisalign® Teen Dalton.
How do I get started with Invisalign®?
The process is simple. Call 706-425-6240 and schedule an appointment with our 30721 dental office. Dilmar Callejas DMD can examine your teen, let you know if they are ready for Invisalign® now, or when they will be. Next, we will discuss with you and your teen all of the steps involved in the process so that everyone understands what to expect. There will be some paperwork to sign and financial considerations to discuss with our office manager. If you need help financing the treatment, let us know now so that we can help you find a solution.
Next, we will schedule a visit to take digital images of your teen’s mouth, along with measurements. These images will be uploaded into the computer so that we can begin to project out the treatment plan. Step by step, we plan for how the teeth will move from where they are today to where they are supposed to be. This takes time but is critically important for ensuring that they move in a set and steady pattern. This information will then be sent to the Invisalign® lab where they will produce a series of customized aligners. Each aligner is designed to move your teen’s teeth. One aligner will make a slight difference in their position but when worn in a series, they will move their teeth into a perfectly straight position. Once all of the aligners have been created to our specifications, they will be delivered in a series for your teen to wear and then switch out at home. Typically, each aligner is worn for two weeks until it becomes loose and then needs to be switched out for the next one in the series. By following our careful instructions and keeping regularly scheduled appointments, your teen will have a beautiful smile in no time.
To learn more about Invisalign Teen® and whether it is right for your child, call (706) 425-6240 and schedule an appointment with our Dalton, Georgia dental office. At Dr. Call Dental Center we can answer all of your questions, ensure that their treatment goes smoothly, and help your teen to gain a bright and beautiful smile.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- Invisalign®. How Invisalign Works. 2016
- Invisalign®. Take the Smile Assessment. 2016
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- Dr. Call Dental Center was established in 1980
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Whitfield County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Dalton, Chatsworth, Chattanooga, Ringgold, Rocky Face, and Cleveland Tennessee
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Is Invisalign Teen Right for My Child?